It is a laudable effort by Crystal Lens to fill the learning gap faced by students who are lagging behind as a result of the current physical learning restrictions. CLVLC is a structured virtual learning program targeted at senior secondary school students, especially those preparing for their final high school exams (like WAEC, NECO, GCE, JAMB etc.). The program includes: teaching participants specific core subjects; providing career development support; helping with college preparation; and equipping participants with life skills. In line with the vision of Crystal Lens, the program aims to help our young people attain academic, career and life success.
For now, our target audience is senior secondary school students. There are so many virtual programs going on now for people who are 18years and above, but there is a gap at the secondary school level, especially for students preparing for their final high school examinations.
● Target students need to prepare for specific examinations like WAEC, JAMB etc.
● A large percentage of target participants are trying to get into a tertiary institution in the coming year
● Young people are bored at home and seeking connections online
● Students need to expand their knowledge of themselves and understand various career pathways.
● We would provide online tutoring in core subjects (Mathematics & English for a start)
● We would prepare students for college by sharing tips and providing one-on-one assistance for college application
● We would create an online forum that feels like a family where they will be eager to connect with each other and have fun
● We would provide one-on-one career coaching. We will help students assess their passion, skills, strengths, and college choices while providing relevant support needed to navigate career and life in general
● We would provide general digital skills training like effective use of social media, getting emails and using them, etc.
● We would train them on soft skills like how to communicate with people, financial literacy and other employability skills