Depression / Treatment
Comments: No Comments
Being stuck in the wrong career is a huge tragedy! Career is life-long; henceone cannot afford to fail. Although, everyone desires to attain success, the reality is that many fail in building a successful career.
A successful career is one that brings fulfillment to an individual on one hand, and benefits the society on the other. The truth is that it does not come by chance; it is built. It is a deliberate process that involves clarity, hard work and diligence.
Follow the five (5) steps below to build a successful career:
- Get to know yourself: It is important to spend time with yourself to find out what makes you happy, what you are passionate about, what you are very good at doing and even your purpose in life. This will give you an idea of what you will be comfortable doing throughout your life time.
- Examine several career options: Based on what you discover about yourself, you must go ahead to identify several careers that align with your person. Get to know what each of them will take to become reality. This includes the skills, knowledge and experiences needed.
- Work with a career coach to choose a suitable career: A career coach will help you identify and develop your potentials. You need a career coach to guide you in making the right decision and work with you through the entire process.
- Get a role model: A role model is someone who is already living your dream. Having a role model will give you a clearer picture of what you want to achieve. It will also serve as a bench mark and help you to remain on track at every point in time.
- Take action: The best time to start is now. It is important for you to design a plan and follow it diligently; however there should be room for flexibility. Note that every step you take must be deliberate; from the courses you choose to read, to the jobs you decide to take onand even the network of friends you keep.
Couple Counselling / Depression / Treatment
Comments: No Comments
Remember your childhood dreams? When I grow up I want to become a pilot I would love to be an engineer I want to become the President of Nigeria.
Honestly, it is fun to be a child because at such age, everything is possible. When dreaming, we dont put the economic situation or our background into consideration. We simply let our imaginations run wide and cast away every form of limitation. But what if I told you that you need that childhood attitude to succeed in your chosen career?
Let us look at it this way: All in the name of being realistic, many of us list the ninety-nine reasons why things cannot be done. My parents are poor so I cannot go to the university. I guess Ill just settle for less. I didnt pass my WAEC maybe Im not destined to be a career lady Looking at the economy of Nigeria, it is simply impossible
Well, Nelson Mandela rightly said that it always seems impossible until it is done. But let me also add that it will be done only when you believe that it is possible. Beyond my thoughts, even science has shown that our brain reacts in a certain manner when we think positively and this causes us to take active steps in the right direction. Yes! A major difference between successful and unsuccessful people isn’t the level of education attained, the capacity of intelligence, neither opportunity or resources; rather, it is the simple belief that things can be done which results in a productive and creative mind.
So you can choose to hold on those ninety-nine reasons or simply hold on to that one reason why things can be done and watch how the magic of believing unfolds. Trust me; nobody would want to leave this world regretting not to have given that dream everything possible. People say that the cemetery is a place with a high populace of buried dreams and talents and I agree.
Dont get me wrong, there will be challenges. There will be hard days. There will be people who will tell you that you are dreaming. There will be time when all ninety-nine reasons confront you at a go. But this is not the time to be discouraged. It is not the time to blame others for your rough days. Instead, it is the time to hold on to that one reason, push harder and give that dream your very best. The truth is; you have got to believe in yourself enough for others to believe in you!
Remember your childhood dreams? This is the time to pick them up. You can succeed in any chosen career, but you must first BELIEVE to experience the MAGIC.
Mind you, if you needed to talk to someone; our coaches are available for free to guide you in building that successful career. JUST REGISTER HERE!